MEDIATECH MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday January 21
Library downstairs by fireplace
NOTE: Bob can only stay for 15 minutes
CALL TO ORDER 7 PM
- We have $75 in iTunes.
- The new iMac, 1 TB hard drive and iPad Air have been purchased.
- Our end of year balance, after all bills and new computers/hardware were paid for, was $7,371.93
- I purchased a box of popcorn for $10 using money from cash bottle. The lock were was $5.
- We received a Large Foundation donation for $5,000; and we received a donation from Anne Thomas for $2,046. Both checks have been deposited bringing our total balance to $14,417.93
Secretaries Report (minutes from last meeting)
News and Correspondence
- NJ Makers Day http://njmakersday.org/
- TCNJ Design Applications Course
- Summer schedule (Scratch and special programs)
- New flyer
- Need to request Large Foundation paperwork
- Revitalize board (get one person from each school).
- Explore merging with the Flemington Free Public Library, becoming a “friends” group with a separate bank account.
- Create a Youth/Sr. coaching program — See http://youtu.be/MHejBqk-i0Q
- New work stations (4 more iMacs) with video editing, Scratch and Minecraft
- 70 inch LCD screen; dedicated to Apple TV for signage, announcements and showing student videos
- Oculus Rift 2.0 and 3D Printing; install two “retro” game systems (N64 and Sega Genesis).
- 20 more staffed hours — open evenings and Saturday (when library isn’t)
IDEAS FOR FUTURE BOARD MEMBERS
It is essential that we have a supportive board who can make meetings.
Status of our founding papers and board terms — two or three year terms?
President – Chris Crowell (two year term, expiring January 2015) Suggestions ______________
Vice-president – Will Richardson ( two year term, expiring January 2016) ______________
Treasurer – Lou Hosta (two year term, expiring January 2016) _______________
Secretary – Shawn Armington ( two year term, expiring January 2015) ___________________
Member at large A – Sandy Borucki (two year term, expiring January 2015) _________________
Member at large B – Heidi Hesch-Sabbarese (two year term, expiring January 2015) ______________
Member at large C – Bob Flisser (two year term, expiring January 2016) ________________
Warren serves ex officio in his position as Director.
Shawn would like to become ex officio as Library Director.